While waiting for the snow to subtly drift through the sky, I find myself occupied in the kitchen baking cookies… or biscotti to be precise.
There is really no losing when Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti is on the menu. The only thing missing is a few friends and a pot full of steaming tea.
The biscotti was really great and did not last more then a minute past the day it was made. The cocoa made the biscotti a little more dense and not as dry because of the higher fat content.
It is important to not get caught up in the Christmas cheer and to make every moment count! Even if it means really enjoying a good sized portion of fresh Chocolate Pistacho Biscotti. No one is judging here…
Wishing you a time of peace and happiness! I hope to give you a few more recipes for the holiday’s this year. But be sure to check out my recipe list in the above tab for many inspirational recipes for the holiday’s!
Thanks for poppin’ in and hope to see you soon! Much love,
Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti
Adopted from Martha Stewart
What you need,
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder (dutch processed)
1 tsp. baking soda
dash of salt
6 tbsp. butter (unsalted)
1 cup sugar
1 cup of pistachios
How to prepare,
1. Set oven to 350 degree F.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
3. Mix flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda in separate bowl.
4. Add a little at a time of the flour mixture to the butter/egg mixture.
5. The dough will be really stiff. I usually just use my hands near the end to get all the flour mixed in.
6. Add pistachios to the mixture.
7. Using a parchment lined baking sheet, place the biscotti dough on top. Form a log that is about 12×4 inches.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and slice biscotti into 1 inch pieces.
9. Lower the oven to 300 degrees F and return the sliced biscotti in the oven for another 10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!