Cupcakes Always Win

Home / Cupcakes / Vegan Peanut Lime Mini Cupcakes

Vegan Peanut Lime Mini Cupcakes

LimeCupcakes1-2

A peanut lime cupcake is a unique flavour combination.  A moist citrus cake paired with a simple and sweet peanut butter frosting is delightful. I got inspired while eating a salad. How does something super healthy (like a salad) inspire a unique cupcake? Well first off, I eat a lot of salads, so the likelihood of me being inspired while eating a salad is pretty darn high.

Now normally I don’t like salad dressing on my salads, but at this particular restaurant I was at they had a peanut lime salad dressing. It perked my interest as a different sort of flavour. Which than made me think it was a challenge to make this savoury sauce a super sweet and delicious dessert! After a couple of times trying it out I think I was successful. My friends will have to be the ones that let you know their thoughts (if you want a balanced opinion).

LimeCupcakes

LimeCupcakes1

CocoaKettlecorn-8

Now when it comes to curds I am a strong believer in using eggs and butter. I am still working on developing a vegan curd but my logic says it may not be possible. There are recipes out there that use interesting ingredients to replace the eggs and butter but ultimately I really think it is difficult to recreate a curd without animal products. BUT, feel free to prove me wrong, if you have a recipe for a curd that was super, share it with me! I would love to see!

In saying all that I actually did make a tasty vegan curd using parsnips and coconut oil along with lots of limes! It tasted good but there was a slight parsnip flavour. Which I enjoyed, but you may not. If you have any leftover curd you can refrigerate  and use it as a nice spread on a cracker.

CocoaKettlecorn-12

CocoaKettlecorn-13

There you have it! Peanut lime cupcakes are a thing!

Thanks again for stopping by and yay for spring! See you on the sunny side :)

Much Love,

Anna xoxoxox

LimeCupcakes1-3 CocoaKettlecorn-11 LimeCupcakes1-5 limecupcakerecipe

8 thoughts on “Vegan Peanut Lime Mini Cupcakes”
  1. snookiescakes May 16, 2013 on 10:15 am Reply

Want an interesting combination. I would have never thought of peanuts and lime in a cupcake. They look great!

• cupcakesalwayswin May 19, 2013 on 6:39 pm Reply

Thanks! It sounds like a different sort of combination but it actually tastes super! Hope you have a happy day :)

2. Abby @ The Frosted Vegan May 21, 2013 on 5:45 pm Reply

Wow, first of all I had no idea you could use parsnips in a curd and whoaaa peanuts and limes? Yes yes yes!!

• cupcakesalwayswin May 23, 2013 on 11:51 am Reply

Thanks for your lovely comment! I didn’t know about parsnips in a curd either. You can definitely taste it, it is a similar consistency as applesauce. The cupcakes were definitely a hit! :) Have a great day. P.S> Your blog is super!

3. […] Balsamic Onions, Tomatoes, Basil, and Eggplant; homemade Spring Rolls; Hot or Cold Cucumber Soup; Peanut Lime Cupcakes, and a refreshing Strawberry Mint Cocktail. No one went home […]

4. […] also brought along some Vegan Peanut Lime Cupcakes, and Liz brought some delicious Asparagus Pesto! There was enough food (and drink) to keep the […]

5. cakeykatescakes August 23, 2013 on 11:52 am Reply

I found this recipe for another vegan lime curd, haven’t tried it yet but it doesn’t involve parsnips… http://lucysfriendlyfoods.wordpress.com/2012/07/30/lime-curd-dairy-and-egg-free/

• cupcakesalwayswin August 29, 2013 on 10:47 pm Reply

Thanks so much for the suggestion, it looks like something worth trying. I always love trying vegan recipes! If you have any other recipe suggestions feel free to share :)