Cupcakes Always Win

Home / Comfort Foods / Brown Butter Pecan Cookies

Brown Butter Pecan Cookies

_MG_6274
Butter pecan, pralines and cream, rum and raisin; three of my grandpa’s favourite ice creams. As a kid I remember my grandpa having a deep freeze full of gallons and gallons of these ice cream flavours. Those types of ice cream never seemed as enticing as cotton candy, tiger tail, bubble gum, or gold medal ribbon… until now. I love simple flavours, one or two additions/flavours is enough for the most perfect recipe. These cookies make simple ingredients look like a fancy bowtie.
_MG_6190
_MG_6221
Due to popularity I have been baking these cookies to a point where I likely need a giant freezer to store all the dough, but thank goodness for hungry friends!

These cookies are a make ahead recipe, which is good in the future, not so good if you want cookies right this second. But trust me, this dough really needs to sit in the freezer for at least 24 hours before it is ready to be baked. Whenever I know I want to whip up a batch of these I do the hard work the night before, and bake em’ 30 minutes before guests start arriving. Warm cookies are obviously well-loved because they are 100% absolutely delicious.
_MG_6224
_MG_6233
I know these are cookies and the holiday’s are over, but with an extra walk, or run you can afford to eat one of these as a treat!

Thanks for dropping in and catch you soon :)
Anna
xoxoxo
_MG_6280
_MG_6279
recipe

11 thoughts on “Brown Butter Pecan Cookies”
  1. The Jolly Beetroot January 7, 2014 on 7:51 am Reply

Yum, Im with your grandpa; those ice cream flavours are totally deluxe! ! The cookies look pretty darn tasty too (beautiful photography as well! – Niki x

• cupcakesalwayswin January 7, 2014 on 9:07 pm Reply

More points for grandpa :):) Thanks for stopping by, you have some inspiring recipes on your website too, I might have to try making cashew cream, I have never tried that before!! oxxo

• The Jolly Beetroot January 9, 2014 on 4:05 am Reply

Thank you so much :) I hadn’t tried it until recently, but now I’m addicted to the stuff! x

2. Rebecca January 7, 2014 on 3:58 pm Reply

Ooh butter pecan and pralines and cream are two of my favorite ice cream flavors so cookies that embody those flavors have got to be delicious! I love your photography as well :).

• cupcakesalwayswin January 7, 2014 on 9:08 pm Reply

Thanks for stopping by! I am glad you agree in the ice cream flavour department, it can be a touchy subject for some ;)

3. Butter, Basil and Breadcrumbs January 7, 2014 on 5:47 pm Reply

I have to say I’m with grandpa too… I love butter pecan ice cream. I can only imagine how delicious these cookies are, and I’m guessing that they are just as delicious as they look. But only one as a treat?? How about two, or three, or six?? :-) Lovely post, Anna. I will be printing this recipe to try!

• cupcakesalwayswin January 7, 2014 on 9:14 pm Reply

Glad to know you are on grandpa’s side too:) so you caught me, I was being modest in the cookie eating department, obviously I would have at least 2… or 3 as a tread :) Let me know how it goes! xox

4. Jasline @ Foodie Baker January 8, 2014 on 4:37 am Reply

These cookies look amazing and so delicious! Haven’t tried brown butter before, definitely will do soon!

• cupcakesalwayswin January 14, 2014 on 9:50 pm Reply

It is totally worth it! Love to hear how it goes and what recipe you try :) Thanks for the visit! Have a happy day :) xox

5. gabrielle April 1, 2014 on 11:09 am Reply

Do you use light brown sugar or dark brown sugar?

• cupcakesalwayswin April 1, 2014 on 11:43 pm Reply

You can use either, for this particular time I used light brown sugar, or golden yellow sugar. Best of luck! Let me know how it goes :)