Cupcakes Always Win

Home / Dairy-Free / Kale Salad with Blueberry Ginger Dressing

Kale Salad with Blueberry Ginger Dressing

kalesalad_1-2
Recently my roommates and I have been purchasing a green bag that sources vegetables and fruits from local places, or at least as local as you can get in the winter. In our bag last week I found ginger, kale, and lemons which is perfect for a salad + dressing. Local green bags are totally worth investing in, you get veggies and fruits delivered straight to your door! No harvesting, no supermarkets, no lineups, just simply fresh, healthy, local food at your door, pure brilliance.
_MG_6238
_MG_6239
_MG_6243
This salad and salad dressing are perfect together, a little zing from the ginger + lemon added to the sweetness of the honey and blueberries is perfect when added to kale. For best results, you will want to use good quality olive oil, if you have it on hand.

What are your favourite salads/dressings? Would love to hear your creative ideas!

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope to see you soon!

Much Love,
Anna oxoxox
kalesalad_1
kalesalad_1-3
kalesaladrecipe

11 thoughts on “Kale Salad with Blueberry Ginger Dressing”
  1. Butter, Basil and Breadcrumbs January 16, 2014 on 11:34 am Reply

This salad is gorgeous.. and after reading the recipe, it is going to be just as delicious as it is beautiful. I LOVE this… :-)

• cupcakesalwayswin January 17, 2014 on 12:37 pm Reply

It is always good when something is gorgeous and guilt-free! :) Thanks for the awesome comment :) xoxo

2. Ngan R. January 16, 2014 on 12:16 pm Reply

Beautiful salad! I also purchase a community supported agriculture service and think fresh greens from dirt to door is the best way to support local farmers and get good produce on the table!

• cupcakesalwayswin January 17, 2014 on 12:38 pm Reply

That is super! It is so great to be supporting the farmer’s , without them we have nothing! :) I got endives this week and can’t wait to whip up something healthy. Any suggestions? :) xox

• Ngan R. January 17, 2014 on 3:19 pm Reply

I never know what to do with endives except to make a beet and endive salad since I seem to always get both items in the box at the same time. I use the New York Times recipe by Martha Rose Shulman and it may be a good starting point for you. Let me know what you think!

3. Sophia Purvis January 16, 2014 on 5:37 pm Reply

I’m going to give this one ago. Love Blueberries and Kale
    The dressings sounds wonderful

• cupcakesalwayswin January 17, 2014 on 12:38 pm Reply

Thanks for the lovely comment! :) Hope you have a happy day :)

xoxo

4. superfoodista January 16, 2014 on 11:37 pm Reply

I’m simply in love with your photos – so stunning!!! ;-) And beautiful plates too! I adore beautiful serve ware!
    The dressing is super creative, never thought of using blueberries, I bet it tastes amazing. I just discovered tahini to use for dressing, I mixed it with water, lemon juice, a hint of kumin, sea salt, pepper and a tiny bit of white balsamic vinegar for sweetness. Or another one is with miso paste, honey, mustard and rice vinegar – so good! ;-)

• cupcakesalwayswin January 17, 2014 on 2:59 pm Reply

Wow, such wonderful ideas! I will totally have to try your suggestion of miso paste, honey, mustard, and rice vinegar in a salad dressing, it sounds delightful! :) Thanks for dropping by, xoxo

5. trkingmomoe January 21, 2014 on 6:20 pm Reply

Yumm I am gong to try your dressing. I have lots of salad greens this year from the garden.

• cupcakesalwayswin January 22, 2014 on 7:26 am Reply

Let me know how it goes! :) Thanks for stopping by, have a great day,
      Anna xoxo