Cupcakes Always Win

Home / Breakfast Recipes / Citrus Salad with Spiced Honey

Citrus Salad with Spiced Honey

_MG_6458
These last few weeks have been that time in winter when I want to enjoy the romance of the snow falling, but am struggling to do so. The holidays are over, but winter has stayed. Christmas and New Years make the snow and frigid cold totally acceptable, but what now? It is still cold, and snowing! I try day after day to romanticize about those snowflakes drifting through the air but recently those snowflake dances in my head have been halted by being chilled… all the time.

This salad is a plate of fresh reality. I have to embrace the cold, eat superfoods, and bundle up.
_MG_6312
_MG_6444
I also just started experimenting with backlight in my photos and absolutely love it, I love taking photos, and I am always hoping for a perfectly lit day so I can take photos of whatever I am making in my kitchen. The day I took these photos I totally lucked out with lighting, and love how the citrus salad looks! I had trouble resisting the urge to forgo photos and eat the food.
_MG_6446
_MG_6447
_MG_6455
I hope that you are fighting this cold weather with delicious health food! The only way to get through the winter is by eating.

Thanks for stopping by, catch you later,
Anna xoxox
_MG_6457
_MG_6462
citrussaladwithspicedhoney_recipe

7 thoughts on “Citrus Salad with Spiced Honey”
  1. kshap January 30, 2014 on 4:22 pm Reply

This sounds perfect to brighten up a winter day! And the photos are really really lovely — beautiful presentation.

• cupcakesalwayswin February 2, 2014 on 6:32 pm Reply

I felt like I was eating rays of sunshine, or something like that :) Thanks for the lovely comment! Hope your tasty recipes help get you through the chilly weather too. :)

2. Butter, Basil and Breadcrumbs January 30, 2014 on 7:32 pm Reply

I love this… What a beautiful salad… And such gorgeous photos! I’m such a fan of citrus.. Grapefruit especially…. I will be trying this for sure!! :-)

3. catherinecuisine January 30, 2014 on 11:42 pm Reply

Beautiful and simple salad, I love it!

4. fascinatorium February 19, 2014 on 12:36 am Reply

Hi there. I know I’ve never commented before, but I’ve followed Cupcakes Always Win for a few months now. I hope you don’t mind, but I’ve nominated you for a Liebster Award. You’re welcome to accept and play along, or not. I won’t mind. If you do, the details are in my blog post: http://fascinatorium.com/2014/02/19/im-so-honored-and-other-things-i-might-be-lying-about/

• cupcakesalwayswin February 19, 2014 on 11:37 pm Reply

What an honour! Thanks so much! It’s so kind of you to think of me. I will have to pass on playing along, but I will be sure to check out what’s going on, on your webpage. Happy baking! Do you do a lot of vegan baking?

• fascinatorium February 19, 2014 on 11:50 pm Reply

Hi there. I haven’t done as much baking yet. I’ve got a few cookbooks (though I’m not sure they’re strictly vegan?) that I enjoy as much for the education on transitioning to new ingredients as the (potential) recipes, especially the Supernatural Cooking books by Heidi Swanson. But, your site is particularly inspiring! Best of luck!